Apple Pork Chops inspired by the Pioneer Woman

I am not going to lie. I dislike pork chops. I think Wolf Gang could descend from the Culinary Heaven, make me some himself and I would still not be thrilled about pork chops. Why did I make them then you might be asking yourself?

For Christmas I found an amazing deal on the Today Show for Omaha Steaks. They were offering one of their large packages of meats and stuffed potateos for only $50.00. One of the items in this large package was pork chops. So I did what I always do when I am stuck. I turned to my Blog mommy and crutch The Pioneer Woman. She had a recipe that looked like it could make pork chops not so bland and awful. I am glad I tried it. While I still dislike pork chops, if you have to eat them this is the recipe to try!

P.S. : My family thought they were awesome.

The apple/glaze sauce you are going to cook the pork chops in and later use as a pork chop topping. I used
green apples. You use what ever apples float your pork chops.

Before you start your apple/glaze you are going to brown the pork chops in the pan in a little bit of olive oil and butter. Take them out and set them aside while your glaze cooks down and gets ready for them.

Once the liquid has reduced down by half you add the pork chops, cover and cook on low for 25 minutes or so. Easy.

My awesome Mom whipped up some potatoes using the lipton onin mix. Just delicious.


I don't make pork chops ever, but when I do I use this one by The Pioneer Woman!

No comments:

Post a Comment