Why I make cake pops, why I smile, why I laugh...my Heroes.



I have been blessed to grow up in a world of heroes. My Grandfather Max Meek served his country on the USS Cabot and my Grandfather Richard W. Smith is a retired Police Officer from Albuquerque. His only son and my Uncle Richard W. Smith Jr.   followed in his footsteps until he was killed in the line of duty along with his partner. My Dad is a decorated Homicide/Robbery Detective in Texas who has devoted his life to protecting those who cannot protect themselves. My Sister was born with a heart of gold and the need to love and shelter every stray animal on earth. She turned her enormous compassion into her career and work in a Veterinary Office caring for the sick/injured and ill animals of all kinds. My Brother is only just putting his big toe into the wide world of adulthood has enlisted the Army. He will serve with the Nations finest in protecting us all.  As for me I choose medicine. I am an EMT. I find the greatest pleasure in being calm and comforting for those in the midst of turmoil and chaos. I am blessed to work with many heroes who devote their lives to service and care of others. While heroes wear many faces and take many forms there are two who I would not be me without: My Mom and My Daughter. My Mom gave me the gift of laughter and the ability to turn lemons into lemonade. No matter what crap the world threw at her when she looked at me it was with love and a beautiful Southern smile. My daughter is a gift. There is a saying in my family “She would hug the Boogieman” and it just means she doesn’t know how to not love someone. She is eight and still doesn’t know how to lie. No matter what is going on, how many doctors visits, how many hospital stays it can all be made better according to Jordan with “puddin and ketchup”.

After seeing and falling in love with Bakerella's cake pops I noticed the few times I made them and gave the too friends or co-workers they seemed to put a huge smile on their face and brighten their day. This blog will be my attempt at giving a hero a smile. Hopefully through trial and error and time we will have a hero pop on here you can make for your special hero when they need a smile to take the rain clouds away.

No comments:

Post a Comment